Monday, December 7, 2009

Continue the Weddingness

Well, much fun was had oh, ten minutes ago. I picked up the embossing heat gun and some embossing powder from Mary this weekend, so I decided that with my afternoon free, I was going to try my hand at embossing.

It was... fun. I think I have a new passion in life. Everything from now on is going to be embossed. Kidding. Kidding. It is pretty cool how it works though. My only problem is that my paper had sort of started to curl and become wavy, so maybe I need to get some thicker cardstock for the invitations. I'll have to look around.

I really like what I'm doing with the invitations, so I don't think I want to mess with it too much and change up paper and everything. I'll just have wavy invitations. Whatever! No one will really care that much. Plus, if I spend this long doing invitations, people should appreciate the handcrafted work rather than if there was something wrong with it. If people have something mean to say about my invitations, well... um, maybe they just don't need to come.

Many more trips to Hobby Lobby are on their way, and lots of sitting around messing with formatting on Word. Megs and I are going to go up to school and try to use Photoshop or InDesign to make response cards or the written font part of my invitations. We'll see.

More to come later. A date will be set soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment