Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our Story, Our Proposal

Trenton and I have been dating off and on since senior year of high school. It's been a roller coaster, but it's definitely been worth it.

Trenton joined the Navy after my freshman year of college. It was going to be the best move for him. It was hard to handle at first, but as it goes, distance makes the heart grow fonder. We soon got back to our normal relationship status, even through the hardest parts. It's been an adventure, but it's also been our life.

Trenton proposed on a trip to Seattle. I had flown out from my home in Dallas to see him at his base in northwest Washington. We had taken a ferry across the Puget Sound to Seattle. The sun was shining and we were surrounded by beautiful scenery. I remember thinking to myself "What a romantic place to get engaged!" Little did I know, he was planning that very thing.

We were standing at the front of the ferry, wind whipping by, and he told me we were taking a picture with the Seattle skyline in the background. He gave me a hug and said, "You know I love you, right?" And I answered, "Yes, of course." He assures me he will love me forever, and I started thinking, "Yeah... I know... why is he telling me this!?" I started to move away from the front of the boat and he grabbed my hand and told me I had to stay for a few more minutes because he had an important question to ask.

He got down on one knee and proposed, right there in the middle of the Puget Sound. I said 'yes' and the other passengers on the boat cheered and clapped. I don't remember much right after that besides asking him several times if he had actually asked my mom and if she had actually agreed. He assured me he had, and we celebrated the rest of the afternoon.

The proposal surprised me, and was definitely unexpected. It was perfect and I couldn't have asked for more. I can't wait to be Mrs. Sara Holloway, and to spend my life with him. The wedding planning process will be fun and also exhausting, but there isn't anyone else for whom I would rather be planning a wedding.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea baby. Let me know of you need any help at all.

    ReplyDelete