Friday, December 4, 2009

Some Ideas?!

So, after talking it out, and getting very frustrated with the Navy (and sometimes Trenton), he told me I would be safe to "do some non-committal planning" for an early August wedding.

So, I, of course, jumped into wedding websites head first. My "pro-bono" wedding planner/roommate, Meghan and I sat on the couch for a good 4 hours just clicking and looking, laughing and talking. We decided a good color scheme (and not too girly- I'm lookin' out for the boys!) as black, white and pastel pink. The main colors will be black and white, and really the pink will only be in the bouquets, boutonnières, and some of the centerpieces.

I've already come up with some good, and inexpensive ways to decorate! (Hellooooo, Dollar Tree!) Meghan agreed to help out with a lot of the crafty stuff. She, very much in the spirit of me, is also very crafty and beams at the idea of getting glue-y and cutting stuff, and bein' all CRAFTY! :)

My mom came up with some good solutions to the venue question. A huuuuge way to save money is to either 1) Not serve alcohol (SO not gonna happen) or 2) Use a venue that allows you to bring in your own alcohol. (This means getting to shop at CostCo or Sam's for alcohol.)

Catering is another issue as most caterers are quite expensive and we're not very fancy people; very laid-back, actually. I'm cool with pretty much whatever as long as my guests have fun, enjoy the food, and are there to celebrate our marriage. Which, is not hard to accomplish!

I'm looking forward to getting to start all of my crafts and planning. It's all "non-committal" but, basically my ideas can be done at any time of year, in any venue. :)

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment