Friday, February 12, 2010

TGIF

Holy cow. This has been one looooong week. Seriously. Between full-time work, plus a bunch of school work and getting bronchitis, I'm just a train wreck. I'm ready to have two days to sit in my apartment. (I'm contemplating not even leaving this weekend.)

With that two days, I'm going to get a whole bunch of school work done, maybe some laundry, and a nice little mock-up of our invitations. Y'know the ones I showed you earlier? (http://saraandtrenton.blogspot.com/2010/01/invitations-again.html)... well, they're changing. Again. I know, I know. Indecision wracks me.

But, I found some pre-cut postcards to possibly use as our response cards (cheaper postage, ftw!) if they'll work with my printer/Word. And, I decided to go against the green background and do a pink background on the invites and use a green belly band and a green envelope(since I really don't feel like hand addressing each envelope, which I would with black envelopes). The green is super bright, not lime or anything but pretty bright, but since it's really only an accent anyways, I don't mind it. I really want some bright pink gerbera daisies (my favorite flower!) for our centerpieces, but we'll have to mess with those later.

How amazing are those!? I love gerbera daisies, so I would love to do something like that, but maybe not so intense. (I can't imagine that doing something like that for 12ish tables would be budget friendly.)

Le sigh. Lots of thinking still to do. And lots of looking. Interwebz stalking here I come.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think they'd necessarily be that cost prohibitive.

    Get these Ikea vases for $2.49 each: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/86933500
    Slap some ribbon on 'em.

    Counting the stems, it looks like there's somewhere around 10 daisies in each vase. You can get the specific variety pictured wholesale for a little under $1 per stem/somewhere in the range of $120 for 12 tables. I'm not sure what a florist would charge on top of that, but it doesn't hurt to find out, particularly since someone wants to foot the bill for ya'. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think I could pay for centerpieces if they're that low-cost. I knew I could find gerber daisies for less than $1/stem. No problem. Plus, I could get enough for possible bouquets else where in the venue. And I found some vases online, but IKEA would save me shipping! :)

    ReplyDelete