Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Whoops...

Totally meant to post. Well, there's not a ton to fill you in on, but still... I post to post. What has happened...

Well, I tried on the shoes. They're pretty comfortable, some extra padding may be necessary for all night dancing, but all in all, comfortable and easy to walk in despite the height. However, I'm not sure if I can justify spending almost as much on the shoes as I did the dress. I know I could find some other shoes I like for a better price, but I have a hard time discerning what I should and shouldn't spend money on. I would love the shoes, but at the same time my practical mind is telling me to find a different pair. What do you think?

Second thing, I saw a post recently on weddingbee.com and the post was for bamboo tableware. Knives, forks, spoons, plates. I mean, they're not terribly fancy but they're good for the environment and are pretty cheap. For $7.00 I can get 100 knives. Same price for 100 spoons and forks. So, for $21 I could get enough utensils for everyone and be helping the environment. They're not quite as cheap as plastic ware, but it looks better and it's green! :) I'm keeping it in mind as our entire venue has about the same color woodwork as the bamboo.

We're still in the talks about whether to do hors d'oeuvres or a buffet meal and we can't really decide. With the fiance basically out-of-touch, most decisions come down to me, and we all know how indecisive I can be. I can't even decide on a veil! For the longest time I said 'NO VEIL!' but... I don't know. I sorta feel like I should have one, but I don't want to mess with it, but it would look so good, but it would be hard to find one to complement my dress, etc. The inner conversation could go on forever.

Also, while I was planning on doing my pocketfold invitations myself, I found pre-cut postcards and needed to change around my measurements and it messed with the look of them. To save myself the time of cutting, scoring, folding, and making each pocketfold, I'm probably going to re-prioritize my time and just spend the extra money to buy pre-made, pre-assembled pocketfolds. All I would have to do is print my inserts and assemble. As my beloved reminded me, "Time is Money". Sometimes you just have to let go.

We have about 4 1/2 months left. Couldn't be more excited, but I look at my "To-Do" list and just... wow. Lots to do, but so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment