Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wedding Weekend Pt. II

Seriously. That last post wasn't a joke. It just continued today! Wedding weekend has continued into a two parter. So, to continue...

Today, the mother, me, and the future-mother-in-law met the sister to look at a venue. I've stalked this venue online for what seems like ever. I just keep looking and looking and memorized the price chart, the capacity, etc. But, man. Seeing it for real, in person; actually getting to visualize how my wedding could look was just amazing. I really loved it. I liked everything about it. It doesn't look like much on the website, but really... it's a great site. Very versatile. I can do a lot with it and it's so gorgeous on its own that I won't even have to do much decorating. Super plus for me.


Main Room for the reception.

Deck for the outdoor ceremony.

The picture doesn't do the venue justice. It's got a huge deck out to one side, a fabulous view all around it, nice lighting. Oh, it's going to be amazing. Plus, a really reasonable price, tables and chairs included, 6 hour rental, free set-up, a bridal room, a kitchen, bathrooms, and a small storage area where I can go drop off some decorations a few days before. Oh, and did I mention I get to bring in my own catering and alcohol?! Huge savings to me.

It's got a gorgeous outdoor stone pavilion in the front for some really great photo backgrounds, and because I'm renting the venue, I can take my bridals up there whenever I want, I just have to let the wonderful wedding coordinator know. So, after signing some papers, dropping a check and walking away a happy bride, we all left to go get lunch. The sister had things to do, so it was me and the moms! We left to eat delicious meals, I had a rather "wild" salad... too wild for me, but I had a delicious dessert thing. We discussed wedding plans, logistics, etc all lunch. Amazing. I already have the most amazing mom ever, but I'm so excited to be getting such an amazing (non-psychotic, as so many are) mother-in-law.

We then went to Bed, Bath & Beyond to finish my registry. We spent oh, Lord, probably two or three hours just doing registry. The bridal registry lady was IN-TENSE. She wanted me to register for TWELVE sets of towels. TWELVE! Who needs twelve sets of towels? Also, she suggested three sets of sheets and two sets of eight place settings for my table. I was like... uh, Lori... you're crazy. We had a blast though me, my mom, and my future M.I.L. We found everything else I would need and even found some stuff I liked better than what I found at Target. So, the registry= complete. All I gotta do now is kinda putz around with various things, taking of double registered items and such.

Even after the registry, my mom and I ran to DSW to see if we saw shoes we liked, Charming Charlie's (an accessories store here in Allen) and then home. We later ran to Hobby Lobby to buy some things for a mock-up hair piece for my wedding, also to Kohl's to get napkins- which we found! Then finally, after a day of productive wedding-ness, we went home. I also got some really, really excellent news from my amazing future-in-laws.

They are going to pay for our cakes and for us to get our flowers done. That means saving me time from having to do them before the wedding. Not having to spend the money, and they gave Trenton and I a huge gift that I could not be more thankful for. I have the best in-laws. I had definitely already found a way to do my cake and flowers on the cheap for my budget's sake, but this. Oh, this was huge. I almost cried when my future M.I.L. told me she wanted, not to pay for my bulk floral, but for someone to do them for me. I couldn't believe it. AMAZING! I could not be more thankful and I have such generous family and I can only hope that they have as much fun going on cake tastings and floral meeting business as I do. It was such a blessing to have that taken off my shoulders. Gah. I can't even tell you.

The wedding is almost done. I can't even believe it. Now I really need to send out my Save-The-Dates!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad the Heard works for you. So.. top-hat on the bear? Please say yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we're decorating the bear, for sure. My mom thought the bear was cute. I really want like some epic ribbons on it and possibly a top hat, we'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see your top hat and raise you a bow tie. :D

    ReplyDelete