Monday, April 26, 2010

J. Crew, You Lied To Me

You told me my dress was shipping and yet, UPS tells me they have only received billing and shipping information. I got so excited to wear my cute little dress, and you stole my excitement right out of my heart.
I have a love-hate relationship with JCrew. I basically love almost everything in their store and online, but I really hate their prices. While these clothes are better quality than what I normally buy (as in, Target, Old Navy, American Eagle) I still have a hard time justifying a $60 pair of shorts that I could find at Target in a similar style. 

Now, about this dress. I have been absolutely lusting over  this dress and it's embossed cotton. It even has pockets. I'm in love. However, I ordered this online, so I have yet to find out if it will fit. Once I ordered it and got back on to lust after it some more, I found out JCrew just started a 20% off sale item promotion and I have now lost a good $19 because of it. I can't cancel my order anymore and it will cost me $6 to return the item, bumping my savings to $13. Is it worth it? I don't know.

I plan on wearing this dress over and over and over again. I've already got plans to wear it when I walk at graduation in May, when I get married in Seattle, to any bridal showers I have, and also just around town with some cute flats and a cardigan. Now if only I had known about this freaking sale. I'm so pissed at you, JCrew. Toying with me like that.

What do you think? Should I forfeit my $13 and just keep the dang dress or send it back to get my discount?

[EDIT]
JCrew. You have re-instilled my faith in you. I just called your nice customer service line and because I just bought my dress and then got notification it was further on sale, you put my $19 back on my card. I greatly appreciate that extra money back and I'm happy that you were kind enough to do it even if it was against policy. You realized I just bought that dress and then had my money float away with a sale less than 24 hours later. I appreciate that, JCrew. You are back in my good graces despite your outlandish $88 pair of gladiator sandals I could've found at Target for a fourth of the price. Thanks, JCrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment