Wednesday, March 31, 2010

100 Days of Planning...

It's like 500 Days of Summer only a whole lot less cute.

Instead, it's painstakingly, horrifically, excruciatingly... close to being done!

That's right, I said it. We are [and really, I mean I am] almost done with plans for the wedding. My wedding to-do list is slowly being filled with strike-through and is quickly starting to look more accomplished. Much less overwhelming than it was about two weeks ago. It's amazing-- reading back through my blog, even just this month-- to see how much has gotten done. Flowers, cake, dresses, groomsmen attire, etc. Things are really starting to come to fruition. And a lot of that has been because of the amazing help I've had with my family and my future-in-laws.

We're at a mere 100 days from our Texas nuptials and I couldn't be more excited. The planning is coming to fruition. I still have a long time to go. One hundred days is still pretty long, but it's still a lot closer than we were when we got engaged. I am so ready to be married to the Mister. Sadly, a lot of wedding planning has happened without his input due to his commitments in the Navy. He's missed out on a lot of questions, planning, thoughts, and [to his delight, I'm sure] ridiculous freak-outs about crazy things!

Within those almost-two-digit-days, there's still a list of things to do; it's just considerably smaller now. I throw myself a little party every time I strike-through another item on my Word document "Wedding To-Do List".

How is your planning coming along? Does anyone else get really excited to knock out important wedding items?

2 comments:

  1. Are you trying out for weddingbee, darling? You seem to have had a bit of a change in tone in your posts recently. Nothing bad. Just curious. I applied, but they turned me down right after I posted about how the stamps on my save-the-dates looked like vaginas. Go figure. :P Sooo.. word of advice: don't write about vaginas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am indeed. Just to see if I can. If I don't, it's not like my world will end, but it would be pretty fun! And, duh, you'd get some shout-outs! And, I will steer clear of any medical shop talk. :)

    ReplyDelete