Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dressing the Girls

Let's be real. I don't want my girls looking like that. But, is it nuts that I want all my girls in different dresses? Before you freak out, I'm not letting it be free-range and there are some guidelines--one being that it CANNOT look like the above picture!

The only rules:
        a) Must be knee-length.
        b) Cannot be the same dress as any other bridesmaid.
        c) It has to be black!
Pretty easy to follow. In fact, my sister (Maid of Honor) already has a black dress from a wedding she was in last December. She looks great in it-- although she looks great in anything. Bridesmaid E said she already has several dresses that fit said criterion, so she's bringing them up in a few weeks for me to see/pick. My other bridesmaids, BMs K and A, are both meeting with me in the next few weeks to look for dresses. They have both decided to most likely buy their dresses.
It may seem crazy to let them all wear different dresses, shoes and even jewelry, but look at how gorgeous that looks! I'm letting them choose their own shoes-- black shoes--no limits. Just, black, any height heel or no heel at all, they can be sandals, stilettos, whatever. Jewelry... oh, take this one. I'm letting them choose their own jewelry. I want to go shopping with each of them and let them pick out what they want to wear. They can be green, pink, black, or white. Whichever they want.

They only imposed rule with jewelry is set there so we don't have to mess with colors clashing or anything like that. If we keep it within the realm of the wedding colors, all is well. Plus, each of my 'maids has her own flair. Bridesmaid A is a little hippie and likes other... hippie stuff. BM K and MOH B are both more "classic" styles and choose things that are totally different from BM A. BM E is always completely fancy and it such a stylish girl. She's always got amazing style and cute clothes/accessories. I want them to get jewelry they can wear again and not just another strand of pearls. If they want chunky funky, let them have it.

More to come on the bridesmaids later. Expect dresses, bios and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment