Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake! And Flowers...

I am at a loss for words for the title. So much has happened, and yet so much has yet to be done. This weekend was another marathon wedding weekend.

This weekend started early, with a meeting with a florist early on. We ended up booking the florist, and thankfully, it was a pretty painless process. I brought in my "inspiration" pictures and he looked at them, discussed what I liked, and he made a plan from there. My bouquet will have Revel roses, gerbera daisies, tulips and hypercium berries.


My bouquet will be mostly pink, in fact, I think we decided on ALL pink. No white flowers for me! I know some of the above pictures are white, but my girls will be carrying white flowers with a bit of pink, as mine is mostly pink with some (or no) white. And, the gerbera daisies are kinda reserved for me. They're my favorite flower and the florist suggested only using them in my bouquet since y'know... I'm the bride. :)

Then, after the florist, it was cake tasting at Market Street (quickly vetoed based on the flavors of cake) and then shopping at Target. I got a new floor lamp for the apartment with Trenton and a dish rack for the apartment with Trenton. My mom and I also showed my future MIL other things I registered for, but we couldn't find my shower curtain! I think they've decided to take it online only, so I may have to watch for it.

On to the cake! We tried lots of flavors, ordered the cake, and we're pretty excited! The cakes are going to be delicious. I can't wait to try it. Or to save my top tier for next July! We're doing a simple bridal cake with just white butter cream frosting and a simple ribbon trim around each tier. Then we'll also probably get some flowers from the florist to make a topper type... thing. 


Think that without the Swiss dots. And... flowers only on the top. But, that's the basic look. It's going to be delicious and yummy. I think Trenton will have to hold me back from just... devouring the entire cake. No hands, just face.

No clues on the flavor of the bridal cake or the grooms cake. You'll just have to wait until the wedding to try what we've chosen!

No comments:

Post a Comment