Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dudes in Dresses

You heard me. Dudes in dresses. Only, we're talking dress clothes, not actual dresses.

Today, the future-mother-in-law, one of the groomsmen/future-brother-in-law and I went out looking for the dudes' wedding attire. We already knew that out of our four groomsmen and the one groom, we had two suits. Groomsman N and T both have black suits, and today we took care of the groom and Groomsman R.

I wish I could tell you that I have pictures to show you... but I don't. Epic fail at bride-dom blogging. I should've taken pictures, not only for you but also so that when the fiance comes back, we can show him pictures of the suit we bought him. We ended up buying two dark grey pinstriped suits for Trenton and Groomsman R. They're almost the exact same suit, but one is slightly darker.

Our (me and the FMIL) vision for the wedding party was light pink shirts with pink ties. We happened to get lucky and find EVERY shirt we needed in the right size and the exact same style. Plus, we quickly found five matching ties. I would have loved to have a chic non-matching ties wedding party, but that got complicated real quickly. Groomsman/FBIL R got final choice on ties, and we settled for a hot pink tie with small dark squares.

With light pink shirts like that, they'll blend nicely with my dress and also look okay with the white rose boutonnières they will all be wearing. The hot pink ties, while it sounds like a whole lot of pink, really look good with the shirts. It's not overwhelmingly pink, but it still goes with the overall color scheme. I wish I could find a picture of the ties, but maybe I'll have a groomsman try the whole deal on so I can accost him with a camera.

Looking for these shirts and getting the suits for my fiance crosses one more item off my ever-growing to-do list. Do you ever feel like the to-do list for your wedding is overwhelming and multiplying like rabbits? 

No comments:

Post a Comment