Friday, March 26, 2010

Back in Black

Okay. I promised a post about the bridesmaids' dresses... so here it is:
They will be black.
...
Oh, you wanted more? Sorry, let me indulge you. For most of my bridesmaids, dress picking was easy. My Maid of Honor B already owned a black, satin dress from a wedding she was in December of 2008. She will re-use that dress (savings to her!) and make it work. This is her dress:
(All photos courtesy of Davids Bridal)
Bridesmaid A has also chosen her dress, from David's Bridal. We went two weeks ago to pick out some dresses and look at how she looked. we tried three dresses on her, but we knew the first was right for her. Here's her dress...


Bridesmaid K has looked at a dress online, and actually went to a David's Bridal near her university to try it on with another good friend, who okay-ed the dress. K still wanted to make sure I liked it before she bought it, so since she's home on Spring Break--we're going to David's Bridal for her to show me the dress. K's dress:
We'll see if this is the dress K ends up with, but I'll update if this is not what she picks. I think it'll look great on her, and she's got great taste. The only bridesmaid left to dress is bridesmaid E, my fashionista bridesmaid. She has great style, and nothing at David's Bridal has really peaked her interest. I'm hoping over Easter she and I can go peruse another DB and possibly White House Black Market. They've got really great alternatives for bridesmaids dresses.

Oh, and if you were wondering, yes, my girls all do look like models and stand awkwardly chic for pictures. Hehe. They're all gorgeous and I'm completely flattered that they'll be standing next to me, even if they do put me to shame. I know I'll have some really gorgeous wedding party pictures.

Do you have a hard time finding dresses? What are some other places to get bridesmaids dresses?

2 comments:

  1. My girls got their brown dresses at either Macy's or Penney's. I forget which. Since you're letting them basically get "little black dresses" they should be able to find those at just about any clothing/department store - and maybe without the wedding markup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but after my sister got hers at DB for the first wedding, Alex just decided to go that route, as did Katy. I in no way told them to do DB because I think prices are a little ridiculous there too, but if they want to, I'm not going to fight it. :)

    ReplyDelete