Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's Like a Marathon

We're rapidly approaching the 100 day mark in our wedding planning. Can you believe it!?

However, along with our impending nuptials, are all of my pending projects. Still left are... invitations, centerpieces, guestbook, table linens, food, drinks, dressing the guys, and programs. (All are going to be addressed in later posts! Never fear, I won't let you down!) And that's only what I can think of off the top of my head. It feels like the middle of a race, a marathon, that I will never finish.

Now, when I last left you, I was still considering pocketfold invitations. That has since changed. Upon looking into pocketfolds, ordering them pre-made online was just a little too expensive for me. I wanted to keep our invitations as a budget-friendly project. So, I thought about making them myself, but that would either require ordering larger paper (another costly thing) or re-sizing our pocketfolds to fit common scrapbook paper (12"x 12"). Neither of those options seemed like something I wanted to do, so I just decided to scrap the idea. I loved the look, but my goal in this wedding is to GET IT DONE.

So, now we're going with just a plain flat card invitation. We're still going to have a response postcard, directions to the venue, and I'll probably include a list of hotels in the area for our out-of-town guests. I want to wrap the invitation "suite" in a belly band. Yes, it sounds like something for a third trimester, but in reality it's just a simple piece of paper designed to hold everything in place. Just a strip wrapped around the middle (or "belly") of the stack to keep it together.

The rounded corners were an issue for several months. I love the look of them.
But, for the longest time, my friends convinced me that it would be WAY to much work to round all of the corners, even with a corner rounder. After two months of debating my decision, I finally told myself that if I still wanted rounded corners this bad after so long, I should just do it. Yes, it's an extra step and added complication to the invitation suite, but I just love the look. It will make me feel better about sending them out.
That, my friends, is a belly band. This one is taken apart, but imagine all those other papers stuck under the yellow strip of paper. Probably, this is where I'll use our monogram I told you about here. I can't really find another place to use it, so that's where it'll show up! I have to start working on invitations soon, as they have to go out in about 5 weeks. I have none of it done, and I still need to do envelopes and all of that. Lots and lots of cutting left to do. Can you say "invitation party"?!

What ways can you cut back on wedding invitations? E-vites are always good (for the environment and otherwise) but some think it's tacky. How do you feel about online invitations?

No comments:

Post a Comment