Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh, the Joys...

If there were one reason I would NOT want to get married so young, it's college.

I'll be finishing my degree three weeks after the wedding, don't you worry. The degree will come to me. But, the bigger issue I have with college and wedding planning is the showers.

I would love to say that I'm excited for showers, and for the most part I am. However, most of my friends and bridesmaids will not be finishing school in July. Many still have another year left. And several are traveling abroad  in the weeks before the wedding. Of the important ladies who I am desperately trying to plan around:
1 will be in Russia May 13-21
1 will be in London June 6-? (She, sadly, is missing out on the wedding festivities as well.)
2 will be going to France from May 23-June 23
1 will be in France from May 23- July 8 (And, she's a bridesmaid!)
1 will be out of town May 17-22
1 has been in Turkey since February and won't be back til June

Not to mention, finals for most of my girls are May 10-14. Some of my friends don't know whether they'll be in Texas, be at school, or it doesn't matter and  they'll be here. Car, plane, train; they'll be at my shower.

Are we seeing how setting a date is difficult for a shower? My wonderful mother and FMIL are planning my shower for the "ladies" such as aunts, family friends, my friends' mothers, etc. That one doesn't depend on college finals and things like that. But, I want a shower with my friends! I want to get to hang out with them and do girly things. It's been weighing on my mind for some time now, and I cannot find ONE date that satisfies everyone. It's disappointing to know that someone will miss out, but at some point, I just have to bite the bullet.

Do you find yourself struggling to set dates for things? How did you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment