Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Once. Twice. Three Times a Lady.

I'd like to take a minute [just sit right there-- lame 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' reference] to talk about in-laws. 


While you could have an experience of hate [roll film on Monster-In-Law], mine thankfully has been quite the opposite of that. I want to brag on my future mother-in-law. [Family-in-law, really. They're all pretty fantastic!] 

She has helped out so much with wedding planning. She has come along-- willingly!-- to so many appointments. Choosing the venue: She was there. Florist appointment? She recommended the florist! Cake tastings, she helped pick out flavors. The one part of wedding planning she wasn't there for was picking out my dress. As you all know, my dress hunt didn't go quite as planned. I had wanted my mom, my sister, my best friend, and of course, my future mother-in-law. I quickly rushed over with the dress right after we bought it, but still. It wasn't how I had planned.

I talk to her pretty frequently. Mostly about wedding stuff, but also occasionally about our common thread--the man. We're even Facebook friends! [Yeah, she's hip. She's with it!] The day I realized her side note on Facebook said she was a mother to three super boys and one future daughter-in-law [Hey! That's me!], I was beaming. I was so excited to see that. I knew I was a "future daughter-in-law" but I guess it didn't hit me til I saw it in writing.

We have gotten to do a lot of wedding stuff together, and I'm so glad that I've gotten the chance to hang out with her. Most FMILs aren't as great as mine, but I got lucky. She even stuck through the crazy registry lady at one of the infamous registry stores! Great lady? I think so.

Do you get along with your FMIL? Has it always been that way?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't have three boys in 3 1/2 years for the heck of it, I wanted a girl REALLY bad. Now that I am getting one I couldn't be more happy. And I didn't even have to go through the teenage years.:)

    ReplyDelete